Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy International Women's Day!!

Happy International Women's Day everyone!!!

Today we celebrate the many women who have paved the way for equality for women of all races, religions & ethnicities.

They have constantly shown the world that being a FEMINIST is a positive thing, and that there's no reason that we should be ashamed to be open about it.

I am a feminist. I believe in equality for all in every single aspect that this life gives us. I believe that every woman has the right to speak her mind, and to have her own voice.



So, I got my first tattoo for my 20th birthday last year & it says "I am woman, hear, me roar."

For those of you who don't know,  it's a quote from the song "I am Woman" by the AMAZING Helen Reddy, who initially gave me the courage to be OPEN and PROUD about being a feminist.

I just wanted to give my thanks to the four women who so far have inspiration me to be myself and also spread the message about equally for not only women, but all persons of different groups. 

Today I celebrate,  Maya Angelou,  Helen Reddy, Coco Chanel, and of course! Lena Dunam!! 
All as one, these women represented woman's rights in music, fashion,  film, and writing;  I am forever thankful.  

"I am woman, hear me roar. In numbers too big to ignore.  And I know too much to  go back and pretend. 'Cause I've heard it all before, and I've been down there on that floor
No one's ever gonna Keep me down again.
Oh yes, I am wise, but it's wisdom born of pain.
 Yes I've paid the price, but look how much I've gained. If I have to, I can do anything. 
I am STRONG.
I am INVINCIBLE
I AM WOMAN"
- HELEN REDDY

You're more than welcome to share the women's who have inspired you.



No comments:

Post a Comment