Monday, May 18, 2015

Who Doesn't Love a "Dad Bod"?

As women, we are so use to hearing all of these different terms to describe our bodies: bikini body, pregnant body, curvy, hourglass, pear-shaped, yoga body, bbw, and so on. Men also have terms used for their body types, but just like us, they don’t like some of those terms used to describe their physique. But after hearing on tv about the trend of the "dad bod", I'm pretty sure that lots of men have gained confidence! 
Anyone, I mean ANYONE, who knows me well, knows that I have a thing for older men, especially dads lol or any man with this body type!!! So, hearing this on my television made my day!
What is a "Dad Bod"?

I wasn't able to provide a great definition, so I went searching online, and here's a definition that perfectly describes it:
 “The dad bod is a nice balance between a beer gut and working out. The dad bod says, ‘I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time.’ ” (Jennifer Swan)
Maybe it's just me, but I don't find myself to be attracted to men who have a muscular build or a slim built, or even one who is very heavy.  The fact that this became a trend will help boost lots and lots of confidence in all of the men out there who have insecurities about their bodies. It definitely shows that a guy doesn't need to be a body builder or in great shape to be considered attractive.


Do you have a preference on the body type of a male? Yes or no, I would love to hear what you have to say. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment